CALL FOR PAPERS
33rd Annual International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering
September 11-14, 2023
Las Vegas, NV, US
CASCON is the premier industrial and academic conference for advanced studies in computer science and software engineering sponsored by the IBM Canada Laboratory. Since 1991, CASCON has attracted software developers, researchers, innovators, technologists and decision-makers from academia, industry, and government, who come together to learn about technology trends, present papers, listen to keynote speakers, participate in workshops, and exhibit prototypes and solutions. The conference program features thought-provoking keynotes, original research papers, stimulating workshops, and an engaging technology expo. Conference proceedings are published in the ACM Digital Library (https://dl.acm.org/conference/cascon). We are excited to announce that this year CASCON will be co-located at the 1st IBM TechXchange Conference, a new IBM global event series specifically designed for technical communities and experts. The call for workshops and technical talks will follow in April.
We invite high quality submissions of regular (10 pages) and short (6 pages) papers describing original and unpublished results. We welcome submissions addressing topics across the full spectrum of intelligent systems and software including but not limited to:
Software Systems and Engineering
- Hybrid Cloud
- Cloud infrastructure, management, operations and security
- Cloud performance, scalability, and reliability
- Distributed systems and services
- DevOps tools and frameworks
- Intelligent autonomous systems
- Connected software and compilers
- Adaptive software and systems
- High-performance libraries
Human Factors and Society
- Social media analytics
- Smart cities
- Smart and connected healthcare
- Smart environment
- Supply Chain
- AI for Social Impact
Security and Privacy
- Blockchain and cryptography
- Digital privacy, policy, and trust
- Distributed systems and cloud security
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Security and privacy metrics and policies
- Data protection software
Responsible and Sustainable Computing
- Sustainable system design
- AI for resiliency / CO2 modeling
- Energy-efficient computing and algorithms
- Green computing and data centers
- Responsible AI
- Quantum Computing (QC)
- Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Edge computing
- Hardware accelerator systems
- Wearable connected systems
- Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles (UAV)
- Mixed Reality (MR), and the Metaverse
- Digital Twins (DT)
- Mobile communication
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Collaborative systems
- Interactive games
- 5G Network
- Computer vision
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning Systems
- Natural Language Processing
- Autonomous Systems
- Interpretable/ Explainable AI
- Automation with AI and ML
Big Data Systems
- Data science and AI
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Intelligent query processing
- Computational Finance
|Abstract submission||Wednesday, April 26, 2023 (optional)|
|Paper submission||Monday, May 15th 2023 (FIRM - everywhere on earth)|
|Notification of acceptance||Friday July 7th 2023|
|Camera-ready papers||Friday July 28th 2023|
CASCON 2023 calls for two types of research papers:
- Regular papers - Original research papers at most 10 pages long (including references).
- Short papers - Work in progress with some validation results, experience reports, new ideas and visionary papers based on supporting theory or evidence, and application papers at most 6 pages long (including references).
CASCON 2023 will not accept submissions that have been previously published, are in press, or have been submitted elsewhere. We encourage interdisciplinary research papers. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published in the ACM Digital Library.
One of the authors of the accepted papers must register and present the paper at the conference. Failure to attend and present the paper at the conference will result in withdrawal of the paper from the ACM proceeding.
Best Paper Awards
Best Paper and Best Student Paper awards will be given to recognize the best technical contributions of the event in terms of originality, clarity, and potential impact. To be eligible for the Best Student Paper award, the primary author(s) of the paper and contributor(s) of the work must have been a student(s) at the time the work was done.
Paper Submission Instructions
Submissions are made via EasyChair and must be in the double column standard ACM format for conference proceedings. All types of papers should strictly follow the page limit constraint to be considered as eligible for review. The defined page limit should include the paper, figures, tables, and references. The steps for submitting a paper are as follows:
- Visit EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cascon2023.
- After logging in, click on make a new submission to submit your paper.
- All authors should use the official "ACM Master article template", which can be obtained from the ACM Proceedings Template pages. Latex users should use the "sigconf" option, as well as the "review" (to produce line numbers for easy reference by the reviewers).
CASCON 2023 will employ a double-anonymous review process. Therefore, submissions may not reveal the identity of its authors. The authors must make every effort to honor the double-anonymous review process. Refer to the document "CASCON 2023 Double Blind Review Process" for further details. In particular:
- Authors' names must be omitted from the submission.
- All references to the author's prior work should be in the third person.
- While authors have the right to upload preprints on ArXiV or similar sites, they should avoid specifying that the manuscript was submitted to CASCON.
- During review, authors should not publicly use the submission title.
Contacts and More Information
- If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our CASCON website for updates: https://www.ibm.com/ibm/cas/cascon
- Visit this community page to learn more about IBM TechXchange Conference 2023.
CASCON 2023 Program Chairs
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ottawa, Canada
Vio Onut, Ph.D., Senior Manager, R&D Strategy, IBM Center for Advanced Studies, Canada